Finding out the local credentials of a camera connected to an Ivideon account
If a camera is not connected to the Ivideon service, the information about its local username and password can be found either in the camera’s instruction manual or from its manufacturer.
1. The camera is attached to Ivideon directly
2. The camera is connected via a DVR
3. The camera is connected via Ivideon Bridge
4. The camera is connected via Ivideon Server
1 Camera is attached to Ivideon directly
If you have connected your camera to your Ivideon account directly (i.e., without any additional devices), an option to see the camera’s username and set up its password should be available in your Personal Account on my.ivideon.com:
1. Press the menu button either under the preview of the camera (the button with three dots) or under the timeline in the view mode (the button with a camera and a gear icon).
2. In the dropdown menu, please pick the Camera settings option:
3. Choose the Security tab in the window that opens. The username of the camera should be specified next to Username. The password can be set up by entering it in Your new password and Confirm fields and then clicking the Set new password button:
NB! Some camera manufacturers may have specific requirements for the password of the device (number of symbols, usage of special characters, etc.) More information about this can be found in the camera’s instruction manual or by contacting its manufacturer.
2 Camera is connected to Ivideon via a DVR
If you have added the camera to your account via one of Ivideon-ready DVRs or DVRs with Ivideon firmware installed, then its username and password will not be seen in Ivideon. In this case, information about the credentials can be found from the device’s instruction manual or by contacting its manufacturer.
3 Camera is connected to Ivideon via Ivideon Bridge
If you have attached the camera to Ivideon via an Ivideon Bridge device, its IP address can be found in the settings of Ivideon Bridge in your Personal Account on my.ivideon.com. You can find more information about this in the How do I change parameters of the camera, that is already connected to Ivideon Bridge? article (in order to reveal the password, please click on the eye icon in the Password field).
4 Camera is connected to Ivideon via Ivideon Server
If you have attached the camera to Ivideon via Ivideon Server software, its username and password can be found in the Ivideon Server application:
1. Open the Ivideon Server app and stop the server (in case it is started);
2. Right-click the name of the camera in question in the list of devices and pick Settings… from the context menu:
3. The camera’s username should be specified in the Username field.
The password of the camera is hidden in this window, but you can see it if you open the substreams editor for the camera’s URLs. To do so, please click the button with 3 dots located to the right of the URL field. URLs you will see in the editor will have the password revealed, e.g., the following format of the URL – rtsp://admin:Password@192.168.1.5/ – has the word “Password” as the camera’s password.